- Select type of application
- Usage Regulations
- Register email address
- Enter the user data
- Enter credit card information
Select type of application
You are currently accessing the system from a network location that is only eligible for individual ID applications. If you wish to apply for a site license individual ID, please apply from a network inside an institution that subscribes to the Institutional fixed-price service.
About the site license individual ID
Notice: You don’t need to register under Academic Content Service Usage Regulations and CiNii Articles Usage Detailed Regulations for using only "CiNii Books" (Apr., 2014).
Part of the application page utilizes pop-ups. Please enable pop-ups before continuing.
For instructions on how to turn off the pop-up blocker, see User system requirements.
To complete registration, you need to enter the credit card information.
The payment method is credit card payment only.
Usage application procedures
Sign-up needs usage application procedures. The usage application procedures are as follows:
Step1. Click "Apply for individual ID" or "Apply for site license individual ID"
Step2. Agreement with Academic Content Service Usage Regulations / CiNii Articles Usage Detailed Regulations
Step3. Enter your email address
An email with a web link (URL) for usage application will be sent to the email address that you registered.
* Please enter the address which you can receive surely.
Step4. Click the web link (URL) that is in the email
Please access within 2 weeks. The URL is only valid for 2 weeks.
Step5. Enter the required items under Usage data entry
Notes about "Option settings"
- If you are a member of an academic society, please select the name of the society that is on the list and enter your membership number. Some academic societies offer discount fees for the content usage.
After confirmation by the NII and the academic society, you will receive notification by email. Special discounts for members accessing full texts through ELS apply after this notification is sent.
*Only academic societies that offer full text in CiNii will appear on the list.
Step6. Confirm the user data
Step7. Enter your credit card information
Credit card payments for CiNii are handled through an arrangement with the PG Card Payment Processing Service provided by GMO Payment Gateway Inc., which ensures strict confidentiality for handling of card information.
Step8. Credit payment completed
Step9. Registration completed
Registration number, user ID and the date of validity are displayed on the screen at the end of registration.
Please copy this information for your personal reference.
If you have registered as a member of an academic society contributing to ELS, a notification that the option can be used will be send to the email address you registered after confirmed by the NII (and by the academic society).
Step10. E-mail confirming registered information is sent
The system will automatically send an e-mail confirming the registered information. Please confirm that you receive an e-mail.
You can use your user ID immediately.
About the site license individual ID
- A site license individual ID can be acquired free of charge by persons affiliated with an institution that has a contract for the Institutional fixed-price service.
- This ID enables the user to use the service from home or from outside the institution, but still to receive the same service conditions as if he or she were accessing from a network inside the institution with the contract for the Institutional fixed-price service.
- If you are not certain whether the institution you are affiliated with has a contract for the Institutional fixed-price service, you can confirm the information here.(Institutions with fixed-price contracts)
- With a site license individual ID, usage is the same as with an individual ID except for the following points:
Individual ID Site license individual ID Eligibility Anyone can apply Only members (teaching staff, students, etc.; excludes visitors) of an institution having an Institutional fixed-price service contract can apply.
Application must be made from a terminal on the network of the institution you are affiliated with.
Annual registration fee 2,100 yen per year Free Charges for full text usage Usage charges for accessing full text of the NII-ELS are paid by a pay-per-view system.
Provision condition,"Fixed-price OK" and "Fee-based" are charged for accessing full text with Individual ID.
(If you are accessing from inside an institution with fixed-price contract with Individual ID, you should first logout in order not to be charged for "Fixed-price OK" contents.)
Pay-per-view usage charges are only paid for accessing the full text in the NII-ELS for which usage under the Institutional fixed-price service is not permitted.
(No charge is made for access to the full text for which provision condition is "Fixed-price OK".)
User ID User ID is created by the user. User ID starting "SP" is automatically allocated by the system. Usage term The user ID is valid for a year from the start of usage, but can be extended without changing the user ID by applying for renewal. ID is Valid until the end of the fiscal year (March 31) applied for. If you continue to belong to the same institution, you may keep your ID by submitting the renewal application.
- For details, see "Use with Site License Individual ID".